So, that day arrives for selling motorhomes and you decide that selling your motorhome, has got to happen. Maybe, it is just the fact that you really do need a change. (part exchange if buying again). You may have decided to hang up your motorhome boots. It maybe, a case that you discover, that holidays in a motorhome are not for you. There are a few questions;
- how to sell a motorhome privately.
- selling a motorhome where is best to get a good price?
- selling privately may get you a good price!
- selling a motorhome from home.
- this may not be the best solution.
- should you part exchange.
Selling Motorhomes Tips
In fact, there are many reasons, you might want to sell your motorhome. Therefore, if the reason for selling is that you want to buy a newer model and upgrade, then you need a plan. Thus, whatever your reasons, you might find it helpful to follow some tips. Having a must have list, means you will not compromise, to much on what you want to buy.
- how to sell your motorhome.
- that sales process is all about getting a good price.
- either by private sale or in part exchange.
- also, that time comes around that you want to downsize.
- so, you are looking to buy a smaller motorhome.
- one that is more economical.
Selling My Motorhome Fast
In fact, the idea is to target as many potential buyers as possible. In addition, to letting even friends and relatives know that you want to sell your motorhome. Obtaining a good price is what anyone selling wants to achieve. Putting a card in the newsagent’s window Maybe, like trying to win the lottery. If you are looking to sell your motorhome fast, then a reduced price may be the only option. Remember, you can always come down with a POA (price on application) approach.
- placing wrong descriptions in an advert.
- this is not exactly what a buyer wants!
- there is always middle ground to negotiate a sale.
- getting that sales enquiry is the priority.
- however you need that first advert to do some good.
- this may not cut the mustard in this day and age.
Placing Motorhome Adverts
Making sure that you describe your motorhome as best as possible. Not just a buy my motorhome advert! Think who buys motorhomes and where do they look! Therefore, a good starting point to describe in detail what you have for sale. Look at prices being asked for similar models, compare any extras that are fitted. Also, check the model year being advertised. You may find motorhomes for sale cheaper than yours. Do not let that put you off! Describe accurately what you have for sale and help customers compare motorhomes.
- see where other motorhomes are advertised for sale.
- look at similar models and prices.
- make sure that you accurately describe your motorhome.
- so, do not “egg the pudding”so to speak.
- make any known faults crystal clear to any buyer.
- listing your motorhome in a local newspaper.
Sell My Motorhome For Free
In fact, look at the numerous motorhome listings websites online. Auto Trader, Practical motorhomes, eBay, MMM and Gumtree all have motorhomes for sale. The fact is, using the internet will considerably help target potential buyers.
There are many places to advertise and to sell a motorhome with a free advert. You may be tempted by adverts to “sell my motorhome for free”! However, how many times does that mean you put a lot of effort in and get no result.
Cheap free adverts may help get a sale but, what is the publication about? Advertise where buyers look on motorhome related websites.
- join forums on social media.
- join owners clubs.
- check online groups for motorhomes like yours.
- all good places place your motorhome for sale detail.
- place good adverts on different social media places.
- look out for people advertising for your model.
Cleaning That Motorhome
There, are mobile valeting companies out there. Many will come to you and professionally clean your motorhome at your home or storage yard. That is if your storage allows access. Now if you have had a habitation service, all normal cleaning maintenance should have been done.
However, taking on board a complete refurbishment may work wonders. Motorhome cleanliness is a must when offering your motorhome for sale. Do not leave anything to chance, smelly motorhomes put buyers off! The idea is that when someone enters the motorhome everything is clean.
Everywhere they look needs to be immaculate. Good air fresheners are OK but, do not go over the top! A coffee on the go is a good idea as that smell works wonders! Making the motorhome feel refreshing will help to give a customer confidence knowing it has been well looked after.
- a £60 to £100 pounds valet investment.
- professional valet could add £1,000 on the screen price.
- clear out all the rubbish and clear out the clutter.
- especially the debris from the fridge.
- that moldy cheese smell, will not sell your motorhome!
- toilets have to be immaculate and we mean immaculate!
- no pet hairs at all or the smell of smoke at all!
How to Sell a Motorhome Privately
So, get a check list together and start by checking that the grey water outlets drain properly. Next, find those spare keys and check that the locks are in good working order. Two brand new high vis jackets hanging neatly in the wardrobe, will be a nice touch! You are looking to provide a customer with very few decisions to make.
Adding additional low cost things make a world of difference. A new set of plates mugs and cutlery will all go a long way. You may have attracted a first time motorhome buyer! Help them and they may become your buyer, you only need one buyer! Showing that the motorhome is easy to operate will help a buyer to decide.
Also, taking time to explain the detail of how it works. This may well work wonders to entice a first time buyer to trust in your help. Because, they may well have seen a lot of motorhomes and are confused in who to trust and what to buy! Providing that little extra help and being reassuring maybe that is all it will take to sell!
- any alarms and safety features all need testing.
- especially, smoke detectors.
- are the leisure batteries flat?
- do you have spare keys?
- now where is that triangle and lighting bulb set?
- has the spare wheel and tools in place?
- what about the fix and go stuff is it a new one?
Motorhomes For Sale
Not least, make sure that your motorhome, is in tip top condition. Habitation services and documents all need to be up to date. This will enhance your motorhomes buying appeal. Cleaning that motorhome roof is essential. In fact, many people hang out the bedroom window and try and clean the roof!
Before you do that and risk life and limb, consider a professional valet. Making your motorhome ready for sale and preparing it, may need that professional touch! As the say well presented, well received. Placing motorhomes for sale is all about timing, better in the summer than the winter.
- so, get that MOT test done if it needs one.
- also, take the opportunity to have a spring clean;
- tidy your motorhome ready for any inspection.
- attention needs to be paid to the interior.
- however, do not overlook the exterior!
- in addition, have you looked at the roof lately?
Making the Details Count
Do not leave things to chance. So, get a folder together to show a buyer the maintenance and care you have had done. In fact, this is about demonstrating, the used motorhome for sale, has been your pride and joy! Do mention how you have maintained your motorhome. Tell about where you have been to in the motorhome.
Build up a buyers confidence that this is and has been a reliable motorhome. The devil is in the detail and it is worth the effort to go that little bit extra. Having spare new containers of cleaners, available in the deal, all shows good will. Small things can make a big difference. Being neat and tidy in the interior will help.
- the end goal is to impress upon any buyer.
- make sure that everything is in working order.
- you may not have a gas tank, so is gas cylinder is full.
- fill the water tank up.
- test the all the electrics and appliances.
- make sure the toilet cassette has been emptied.
- recommended chemicals have been added.
Used Motorhomes For Sale
Make sure that you demonstrate the layout of your motorhome. Show how easy has been designed to offer easy lounge and living space, easy bed conversions and winding down the awning. Just step inside and look what a potential buyer sees. Plan what you are going to say and demonstrate.
Especially when first entering the motorhome. Do not forget those extras, as they will enhance the motorhomes description, make sure they all work. Demonstrations no doubt will be needed, make sure your insurance covers a potential buyers having a test drive. In addition, a little extra pledge on that table will not go a miss!
- electric step and light needs to be working properly!
- do, the overhead lockers close easy?
- storage is an important part of buying any motorhome.
- make those curtains neat in their tiebacks.
- straighten those cushions.
- leave nothing to chance.
- know your dimensions and weights.
Proving who you are and that you own the motorhome, currently is important. So, get that folder together now! Because, no one in their right mind will buy a motorhome without documents! In addition, to service records clearly, you need to have the log book, or V5C, to hand.
Remember, that if your motorhome is more than three years old, you also need a valid MOT. If you have imported the motorhome have all the additional information to hand. Change of kilometers to miles, lights and fog light changes and DVLA information. Copies of the transaction and receipts would be useful.
- any buyer may check your details against the motorhome.
- do not copy or photograph of the documents.
- as the buyer may not be who you think they are!
- potential buyer, may be taking the first steps to defraud you.
- stealing your and your motorhome identity!
- HPI (hire purchase investigation) is worth having.
- never release motorhome unless having cleared funds.
Motorhome on Finance
If your motorhome is on finance? Then tell the buyer! Any buyer worth their salt, should have an HPI (hire purchase investigation). Therefore, they will check the details of the motorhome for sale. Always worth having an HPI copy, you having one done to show the buyer good faith!
There is lots of information online about motorhome finance and motorhome loans. There is also information online on campervan finance. Many finance details on interest rates and terms are online as well. Motorhome calculators and full quotes from motorhome finance lenders are available. Just search motorhome finance.
- if you are that buyer, let the owner settle the finance.
- always deal jointly with the finance company.
- have a copy of the full and final settlement.
- no good doing an HPI after the event.
- within the finance companies processes keep informed.
- some finance companies will only deal with the owner.
- buyer may need motorhome finance.
We Buy Any Motorhome Reviews
Always take a look at what the professional motorhome buyers are doing. They have Facebook pages and advertise nationwide. So, worth a look and see what they will buy your motorhome for cash for! Remember, someone is selling motorhomes right now! You may even want to try and and sell in a motorhome auction or privately the choice is yours.
Buy My Motorhome
There is always someone selling motorhomes out there. Therefore, that means that someone is buying as well! Motorhomes wanted are a common advertising theme. All it takes is one buyer and one seller and you have a sale! If in doubt about how to sell your motorhome, or even when and where, then ask. We are happy to help if we can.
Motorhomes Bought For Cash
So, you have advertised your motorhome and had every tyre kicker round to see it! So, what next as still not sold? Well look online for motorhomes bought for cash, as the answer maybe in a cash offer. Do not despair, try the we buy any motorhomes service and that may resolve your problem.
Done Deal Now What?
Only you can make the process of selling your motorhome more straight forward. Also, as they say you only need one buyer to get that sold sticker on it. However, it remains your motorhome until all the loose ends are completed. Remember, the motorhome is yours until that money is in your bank account. Also, you need to make sure the change of ownership details and documentation are complete. Otherwise those parking tickets may well be landing through your letterbox! However, like selling your house it may still seem like a daunting task.
New Motorhome New Name
Just get over to a buyer this is your pride and joy and you want it to go to a good home! After that “done deal now what”? You know you will miss Daisy, Fred or Florence, those motorhome names live on! How about start out all over again and buy another one? So, what are we going to call him this time? Hey don’t be stupid it is a lady “Alice the Auto-Sleeper”!